ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: Innovative Proposal - Jeff E response

  • To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: Innovative Proposal - Jeff E response
  • From: Michael Palage <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:25:42 -0700

Jeff,

So what was so bad with the original safegaurds in the 1999 NSI/VRSN agreement that resulted in NSI going from 100% market share to under 40% in like three years. The GoDaddys, eNoms and 1 and 1s of the world have done well from my perspective.

I think Milton, Jeff E and I are looking for actual harms, so that we can address them. Prior to Seoul I supported Afilias/Neustar/PIR's position because DemandMedia opposed any audit. Given that they have made an important concession on this point, let's talk about how to give the audit teeth instead of those that oppose an idea without providing any specific examples of harm that cannot be addressed through an audit/complaince program.

Best regards,

Michael

Sent from my iPhone