ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] FW: Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro - Chat & Notes Transcript from Vertical Integration

  • To: "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] FW: Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro - Chat & Notes Transcript from Vertical Integration
  • From: Margie Milam <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:05:27 -0700

Dear All,

Please find below the notes & chat from today's VI-WG call.

Best Regards,

Margie

________________

Margie Milam
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN
________________

NOTES:

Agenda for 19 Apr 2010 VI Call

Review agenda -- 5 minutes

- Roll call -- 1 minute

- Proposal discussion -- 60 minutes

- Evaluation criteria -- 15 minutes

- Any other business (AOB) -- 10 minutes ____________________________

Notes-

1.  Phil Buckingham presents his model & answers questions from the VI WG.
2. Kathy Kleiman discusses the PIR Model & answers questions from the VI WG.
3.  Avri presents modified MMA proposal and answers questions from the VI WG.
4.  Discussion on Evaluation Criteria:
Mikey clarified that the Evaluation Team is not evaluating proposals but
creating the framework for the WG to evaluate proposals.
5.  WG asked to provide input on what criteria should be used to evaluate
proposals.  Will brainstorm on this call, and this could be used as a starting
point for the evaluation team to consider:

-Public Interest, and does the proposal endanger any new gTLDs that might come
up.
-IRT Type benchmarking questions- checklist of things to compare to.  Such as
what is the harm, is it subject to gaming, etc.  Some might not be relevant,
but would be worthwile looking at.
-Chart lining up issues for each proposal -Audits used in the past (such as the
.com audit criteria)