ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Competition authorities

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Competition authorities
  • From: Antony Van Couvering <avc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:20:30 -0700

Delightful!  Let's have multiple regulators!

Surely, because there will always be at least one customer in Europe, the EU
should have their say as well.  That will definitely provide an easy
path-to-market for small registries, result in innovation, bring down prices
and ultimately -- as a result of the fairness thus enforced, and the trust thus
bestowed-- benefit the consumer.   In ten years time, that is, when all these
competition authorities have finished their reviews.  Assuming the registry is
not moribund by then....