ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Notice: VI Call Thursday with the Economists Salop/Wright at 20:UTC

  • To: "'Tim Ruiz'" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Notice: VI Call Thursday with the Economists Salop/Wright at 20:UTC
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 16:21:42 -0400

I am surprised by these comments. We have had many discussions about the
alleged economic effects of various market structures and policies we are
debating. This is your chance to test specific proposals against the expertise
of two economists with knowledge of competition law and policy. Make use of it.
If you turn up your nose at this prospect, it raises questions....and not about
them.