ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] The missing part

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] The missing part
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 07:20:29 -0500

hi Kristina,

i think that will work out OK.  here's a longer version of that answer, aimed
at you and anybody else who's dealing with the same schedule constraint.

as you can see from Mike Zupke's 1st-draft matrix, we're beginning to
transition from the "idea-generating, brainstorming,
improve-understanding-of-positions" part to the "see if there is stuff we can
agree on" part of this first phase of our work.  Roberto and i agree that the
clumps-of-ideas called proposals have served us well, but that now we need to
start to focus on the ideas ("atoms") rather than the clumps ("molecules").

so if you review Mike's matrix (with Berry's formatting enhancements) and find
that all of the ideas in your proposal are in the matrix, we're in good shape.
if you have some ideas in your proposal that AREN'T in the matrix, this next
week would be a good time to get them inserted.  the working group is going to
be really focusing on getting the matrix right over the next week or so and
we'll fold the public comments and constituency statements into the list right
at the end of that (the timing's not perfect, but close enough).

so if you could "preview" any missing-ideas during the working-group
conversation over the next week or so, i think we can formally/finally add them
to the list when your constituency-statement officially comes in on the 6th.

mikey

On Apr 29, 2010, at 4:42 PM, Rosette, Kristina wrote:

> All,
>
> The IPC anticipates putting forth a model.  However, because of the process
> required for constituency support, we will not meet this deadline.  We hope
> to have it finalized in time for inclusion in the IPC statement to be
> submitted on May 6.

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356
web     www.haven2.com