ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] preliminary matrix of proposal principles

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] preliminary matrix of proposal principles
  • From: berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 00:04:12 -0400

VI WG,

I took the liberty to add a bit of lipstick to the Proposal Principles Matrix created by Mike Zupke. I did not change any content, but only formatted column spacing, frozen panes and sizing for easier reading. I hope it helps.

Thanks.

Berry Cobb
Infinity Portals LLC
berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.infinityportals.com
866.921.8891

Dear VI Team,

As was discussed on Monday, I made an effort to break all of the VI proposals submitted by members of this working group into "principles" so that the group can consider bite-sized VI concepts instead of entire proposals.

To do this, I created a list of all of the principles described in all of the proposals; in places, treating them fairly liberally in order to help identify where there might be agreement among proposals. The list of principles was provided to all proposal sponsors for feedback and then used to populate a matrix/spreadsheet of all proposals.

Attached you will find that matrix, which also includes my effort at identifying the particular proposals that supported/incorporated the particular principles. This should not be seen as the authoritative interpretation of all proposals -- it's quite possible I inadvertently mislabeled or misstated parts of proposals -- but I thought it would be helpful in identifying key points for future discussion.

I plan to post a version of this matrix to the wiki on Tuesday, so those who wish to see their proposals reflected differently should let me know off-list by the end of the day Monday. (Being a wiki, of course, it can also always be modified later.)

And just in case the implied disclaimers aren't sufficient... Please keep in mind that this is only a first step. The co-chairs and members of the Analysis sub-team may have some ideas about ways to further present or manipulate this data to make it more readily interpretable. Additionally, this document is a draft and is not a complete catalog of VI concepts that should/could be addressed by this working group.

I hope this is helpful, but I'm always open to your feedback.

Best,

Mike Zupke
Registrar Liaison Manager
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers