ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Economists

  • To: "'Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx'" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Economists
  • From: Volker Greimann - Key-Systems GmbH <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 17:53:17 +0200

Kathy
Re: the antitrust economists, I think they showed us that they had not
evaluated the impact of the new models (which they proposed) on our
existing system (of Equal Access).  I asked the question, and they
didn't even factor it in to their work-- that means that so much of the
system we rely on for Registries to treat all Registrars equally in
terms of technical access to domain names, customer service access, and
EPP and other valuable data, was not even a part of their calculation. I
think that's a big shortcoming, I think Equal Access has served the
ICANN Community well, and I think it is a Principle of nearly every
proposal that has come before this WG.
I think we are in full agreement on this point. (+1)

Volker
Key-Systems GmbH