ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: Economists

  • To: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: Economists
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 08:58:52 -0400

Eric,
If I am translating EB-W correctly today, you are asking me whether I think
consensus can be achieved without registrars?
Simple answer is no, based on the common sense view of consensus within WGs.
However it is consensus in the WG as a whole, not among Rrs, that matters in
the new GNSO.

More complicated answer is that Council's official definition of a consensus
policy I think involves a supermajority rather than consensus. So what the
Council does with our report is a different matter. And what the Board does....

--MM