ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] Time and task

  • To: "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] Time and task
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 08:58:27 -0400

Colleagues,

More than one member of the WG has observed that some economic data
necessary to make data driven policy analysis is not yet present.

More than one member of the WG has observed that some legal analysis
of the policy alternatives is not yet present.

More than one member of the WG has observed that the membership of the
group is non-representative.

More than one member of the WG has observed that a single policy
recommendation and a sequenced new gTLD process are mismatched.

I'm sure there's been more but this is sufficient, at least for me,
writing this note.

Improving what is available, identifying the economic data needed, and
identifying the economic data not needed, the needed, and the not
needed legal analysis, and the participation, direct or
representative, significantly, is likely to take longer than weeks
remaining before the next ICANN meeting.

Eric