ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] OUR WG TABLE - For Final Inputs!

  • To: <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] OUR WG TABLE - For Final Inputs!
  • From: "Kathy Kleiman" <kKleiman@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 09:12:58 -0400

All,

This is it, the moment you have been waiting for - the New VI WG Table.

It needs your help!  I reviewed and revised a few table categories with
those who had suggestions on our last call (special tx to Jon N).

Now, it is your turn. If you/your company/your constituency submitted a
proposal, **please review the table and update it with your ideas, your
conclusions, your words.**

Updates should go to the whole group, or to me and Mikey (both, please)
by  ** Sunday morning**.

There are new categories for clearer understanding of Equal Access and
Ry/Rr structure proposed in the exceptions.

Added/Revised:

Column G:  Ry must accept (1) all IA Rrs (gTLD model) OR (2) may select
among IA Rrs based on special, objective criteria (sponsored TLD model)

Column H:  Non-Discrimination  Among Rrs (Technology, Customer Support,
Etc)

Column  L:  Under threshold: (1) Ry may distribute directly (subject to
RAA-type obligations) OR (2) Ry may co-own a Rr > 15% to distribute TLD

Column M:  Equal Access Required Below Threshold?

Otherwise, it's the same.  Tx for filling it in (you don't want to rely
on me - I wrote one of the proposals!)

Best,

Kathy Kleiman

Director of Policy

.ORG The Public Interest Registry

1775 Wiehle Avenue, Suite 200

Reston, Virginia 20190  USA

Main: +1 703 889-5778  | Direct: +1 703 889-5756

Mobile: +1 703 371-6846 | Fax: +1 703.889.5779

E:  kkleiman@xxxxxxx <mailto:clee@xxxxxxx>        |  W:  www.pir.org
<http://www.pir.org/>

Visit us online!

Check out events & blogs at .ORG Buzz! <http://www.pir.org/orgbuzz>

Find us on Facebook | dotorg
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/dotorg/203294399456?v=wall>

See the .ORG Buzz! Photo Gallery on Flickr <http://flickr.com/orgbuzz>

See our video library on YouTube <http://youtube.com/orgbuzz>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:

Proprietary and confidential to .ORG, The Public Interest Registry.  If
received in error, please inform sender and then delete.