ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] OUR WG TABLE - For Final Inputs!

  • To: "'avri@xxxxxxx'" <avri@xxxxxxx>, "'Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx'" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] OUR WG TABLE - For Final Inputs!
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 08:47:51 -0400

Just to be clear,

I do not want this group to intepret the Board's resolution.  Avri, your "no
means no" is a little simplistic in this example.

Does no mean just a registry operator with a contract, or does it apply to RSPs
(a term we have coined in this group)?  Does the word "registry services" mean
all of the services defined in the contracts, or does it have the more limited
definition like the one in the Registry Continuity plans?  Does separation in
the motion just refer to ownership as in legal ownership, or does it equate to
the definitions most commonly used by at least US agencies at least of control.
 Everyone in the group will probably have a different answer.

You were the one (along with a few others) that said it was a waste of time for
the Board to define what they meant.  Now I am saying it is a waste of our time
for us to define what they meant.  Staff will do that for all f us in a couple
of weeks.

Jeffrey J. Neuman, Esq.
Vice President, Law & Policy
NeuStar, Inc.