ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] OUR WG TABLE - For Final Inputs!

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] OUR WG TABLE - For Final Inputs!
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 05:50:29 -0400

Hi,

While I do not not want to become someone who is known for defending the Board,
I think it somewhat slanderous to say the Board did not know what it meant.  I
think that even the Board understands that - No Means No.  Even children are
being taught that one these days.

I do believe you are right in the fact that the staff is likely to interpret it
as it is wishes and that surprise is still awaiting us.  On the other hand e
words of the motion are out there, and if the staff interprets them other then
"No Means No" we will have something to comment on in DAGv4.

I do not really care if the line is in the table.  If I remember correctly, it
was you who started the question rolling of how to interpret the Board's
relatively straightforward motion (2010.03.12.17).

And lest we forget:

> Resolved (2010.03.12.18), if a policy becomes available from the GNSO, and
> approved by the Board prior to the launch of the new gTLD program, that
> policy will be considered by the Board for adoption as part of the New gTLD
> Program.

Notice on this one, it does not say before DAGv4 but 'prior to the launch'.

a.