ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] OUR WG TABLE - For Final Inputs!

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] OUR WG TABLE - For Final Inputs!
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 20:22:32 -0400

Hi Kathy,

Re MMA - what you there reflects the first MMA but not the update.

in the second the initial Cross ownership was 0 with the possibility to request
more.

(i am sure the M&Ms will correct me if i am wrong.)

And we were working on a third update to reflect the comments we had gotten,
but it sounds like it is getting a bit late for any more input and we have not
reached consensus on it ourselves yet.

also on the Board's line:

as i read the motion:

>> there will be strict separation of entities offering registry services and
>> those acting as registrar.  No co-ownership will be allowed.

i think the Board row should read:

0=0  as  RSPs offer Registry services
P=0  as  RSPs offer Registry services

Incidentally if we wish to add extra columns for control as well as just CO  -
since  strict separation covers control as well as cross-ownership - those
would be 0 as well in the Board motion - and i expect in MMA as the starting
point as well.

Q=yes if it is acting as a registrar (this one has some wiggle room since they
don't always act as registrars)

R=n/a

I wasn't going to get into the game of 'what's your interpretation'  but since
we are putting it into a table, I figured i should indicate how I saw it since
it seems to differ from what is there.

a.