ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] DAGv4 is out

  • To: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] DAGv4 is out
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 10:09:15 -0400

On 6/1/10 5:44 AM, Stéphane Van Gelder wrote:

> Thanks Eric,
>
> You win the prize for the fastest DAGv4 reader ;).
>
> Thanks also for reminding us why this group needs to complete its work asap.

I may win a kewpie doll, and another formal reprimand, or both, but I
don't see a lot of utility in the following:

(a) things not community-based nor standard, see 1.2.3, however
creatively argued, and,

(b) cross-ownership without functional separation, again, however
creatively argued.

Those disinterested in either, or both, can drop me a line, or not.

For what its worth, Kurt's concerns were plainly laid out in the CRAI
SOW of January, 2008, and repeated at the WDC Consultancy of January 2010.

I'm pleased pointing out that some equity in registries is held,
mostly as a historic accident, by registrars, has had the desired
effect and this nuisance risk to registries which are publicly traded
is addressed by the 2% de minimus.

This suggests that the discourse is functional, though limited.

As for completion of the PDP, I remain convinced that it is a
long-term task.

Eric