ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] My thoughts on the proposals

  • To: VI <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] My thoughts on the proposals
  • From: Cheryl Langdon-Orr <langdonorr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 05:53:34 +1000

For any one on the VI-WG who might be wondering I want to clearly declare
that (in my personal capacity and WG Member) I am one of the ALAC Members
who  agrees with the points Alan makes in his message below, my often quoted
"hasten slowly - but continue moving forward" approach comes into play
here...  So at this stage my "greatest comfort" with the proposals we
are looking at, (as they are NOT converged  i.e. not blended or merged
/ mutuality explored etc.,)  at this point *and* in the absence of
other clarifications , further modification and/or discussion is with the
proposal signed by *Brian Cute - Afilias Ken Stubbs – Afilias, Kathy
Kleinman – PIR, Ron Andruff – RNA Partners, Tim Ruiz - GoDaddy.*

I have copied this message to the ALAC Working list (and that
also include all Regional Leaders and Liaisons etc.,)  as the matters being
reviewed and discussed in the VI-WG (as well as DAG 4)  is on our formal
ALAC Agenda for Brussels and there *we will be seeking to form an ALAC
-At-Large view*  I feel it is important that these views (especially as I
will not be able to attend the Sat a.m. VI-WG session in Brussels (as I have
ATRT Meting commitments as do others in this WG)  that these views are *on
the record*

Cheryl Langdon-Orr
(CLO)