ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Neustar Concerns with Afilias Proposals

  • To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Neustar Concerns with Afilias Proposals
  • From: "Hammock, Statton" <shammock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 20:12:59 -0400

All,

I share Jeff N.'s concerns over the strict interpretation of the
Afilias/PIR/GoDaddy proposal, particularly the restriction on a
registrar from owning a registry or back-end registry operator that is
not offering a TLD distributed by the registrar.  I agree with Jeff that
this is unnecessarily restrictive and anti-competitive and I have not
heard any justification for this line of thinking.

Statton

 Statton Hammock
 Sr. Director, Law, Policy & Business Affairs

  border=0>

P 703-668-5515  M 703-624-5031 <http://www.networksolutions.com>
www.networksolutions.com