ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Single Registrant TLDs in VIWG Brussels report

  • To: "frederick felman" <ffelman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jarkko.ruuska@xxxxxxxxx>, <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Single Registrant TLDs in VIWG Brussels report
  • From: "Kathy Kleiman" <kKleiman@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 12:44:28 -0400

Jarkko,

I don't quite see consensus here yet, not on the details.  As I see it,
each proposal for a Single Registrant TLD has come out differently on
key issues - who might register, for what purpose, etc.  Some proposals
crafted the Single Registrant TLD for employees only, others for
affiliated parties, some for 3rd parties (others strongly opposed this).

In addition, there was no consensus as to thresholds, assignments and
transfers, and especially equal access provisions below the threshold
(big split on this latter issue among the proposals).

I would see this as an ongoing issue and work for the WG, but not one
ready to move onward at this point in time....

Best,

Kathy Kleiman

Director of Policy

.ORG The Public Interest Registry

Direct: +1 703 889-5756  Mobile: +1 703 371-6846

Visit us online!

Check out events & blogs at .ORG Buzz! <http://www.pir.org/orgbuzz>

Find us on Facebook | dotorg
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/dotorg/203294399456?v=wall>

See the .ORG Buzz! Photo Gallery on Flickr <http://flickr.com/orgbuzz>

See our video library on YouTube <http://youtube.com/orgbuzz>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:

Proprietary and confidential to .ORG, The Public Interest Registry.  If
received in error, please inform sender and then delete.