ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] VI definitions from staff

  • To: "Eric Brunner-Williams" <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Mike Zupke" <Mike.Zupke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] VI definitions from staff
  • From: "Austin, Scott" <SAustin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 17:58:57 -0400

Eric and Mike:

As I suggested on the call, the generic term "ownership interest" as a
substitute for the current "security" should cover a multitude of
options, including for profit, not for profit (or if you must,
nonprofit) and whether such interests are allocated in units represented
by stock certificates, wampum or metabele gumbo beads. In addition,
"security" may not apply in a democratically owned or cooperative"
structure which sounds quite diplomatic and egalitarian, until it needs
a loan or has to file a return somewhere.

Scott

Scott R. Austin
Roetzel & Andress
Email:  saustin@xxxxxxxxx

Both Scott R. Austin and Roetzel & Andress intend that this message be
used exclusively by the addressee(s).  This message may contain
under applicable law.  Unauthorized disclosure or use of this
information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please permanently dispose of the original
message and notify Scott Austin immediately at 216.870.7954.  Thank you.