ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] new version of the proposal matrix

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] new version of the proposal matrix
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 10:58:42 -0400

On 6/8/10 9:57 AM, Mike O'Connor wrote:
> hi all,
>
> here's the latest version of the proposal matrix.  i've done just a few
> things...
> Eric, i wasn't sure whether you wanted the CORE proposal to remain
> stand-alone or merge with the APGRECA one, so i left it in this version of
> the matrix -- let me know if you'd like to be merged into what would then
> become the APGRECAC proposal.  note -- anagrams available from APGRECA
> include CAGE RAP and ARC PAGE while adding CORE's "C" narrows the choice
> somewhat but includes GRACE CAP.  in both cases there are other anagram
> options that will undoubtedly be seized upon by our less-cautious WG
> members...

For the present purposes of stating a policy proposal view shared by
the adopters at the present moment in time, and as a process which
will continue, for an unknown period of time, during which time some
changes agreed to by the adopters will occur, it is sufficient to
represent CORE's proposal with those of Afilias, PIR, GoDaddy and the
GNSO.

CORE's proposal element to end monopoly by co-ownership or contract,
the implicit exclusive dealing in the Registry Services Provider -
Registry Operator relationship, is a longer-term work item than the
pending report to Council.

We may introduce a "shim" proposal in the next few days to address the
very limited changes to elements in the proposal Brian Cute edits on
behalf of the adopters.

See also: http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-vi-feb10/msg01579.html

Eric