ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Revised Table Entry for JRACKBOATDESK VI proposal

  • To: Kathy Kleiman <kKleiman@xxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Revised Table Entry for JRACKBOATDESK VI proposal
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:32:07 -0400

Thanks Kathy,

For the record, so far the following companies are more in line with the JN2
proposal than the RACK+ proposal, and are therefore signing onto the JN2 line.
While few of the signatories below believe the JN2 is perfect, on balance, they
believe it is more pro-competition than the other alternative and provides a
better basis from which to work.

Neustar
Demand Media
Network Solutions
Domain Dimensions
Key-Systems GmbH
Phil Buckingham
INDOM
Blacknight
Dynamic Network Services, Inc
EuroDNS

Just to restate the above, each of the signatories vehemently oppose the RACK+
proposal, and believe working from the JN2 as a baseline would be more
constructive for the VI-WG.  What is interesting in this coalition of
signatories is that many of them believe the space should be completely opened
up, but in the spirit of compromise have temporarily conceded that position in
order to move forward.  This is a huge sacrifice on their part and I applaud
them for working with us and coming so far.   Speaking on behalf of Neustar,
the RACK+ proposal would actually be more economically beneficial for us to be
honest, but it is on our view, inconsistent with previous positions we have
taken before ICANN staff, the ICANN Board and the US Government.  In addition,
in our view, the RACK+ proposal is not the right thing to do for the Internet
community.

I will let the other signatories weigh in with their additional thoughts.

Jeffrey J. Neuman

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use
of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this
e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.