ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Molecules 1 and 2........

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Molecules 1 and 2........
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 09:51:46 +0200

Hi,

I am in not way an official reporter of anything.

The third group, mentioned for completeness sake, did not come up with any
molecules.  Instead we focused on compliance possibility to a deep extent
partly because some of our solution required compliance to ever be viable.

I think the opinions were split between those who felt there was no way ICANN
could ever be able to manage such compliance.

Others of us, myself, included felt that it was possible as long as the
conditions wee defined and the will and money were provided.  To be honest, to
many, that was the same as saying it wasn't possible.

One sub-theme that had currency among at least a few of us was that any
compliance effort would be aided by requirements for extreme transparency of
operations.  A variant of the expression was (and i sort of misquote), we won't
worry so much about someone who can walk into a glass house naked to try and
steal.

a.