ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Molecules-comparison slides

  • To: "Drazek, Keith" <kdrazek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Molecules-comparison slides
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 12:12:34 +0200

hi Keith,

thanks for your note -- absolutely right.  this whole week is our opportunity
to talk to each other face to face, share ideas, etc.  i've tried to be very
careful to describe all of these as interim, draft, "molecules", informal,
on-the-path-towards-policy and so forth.  to the extent that i've
miscommunicated that, please set people straight.

my urgent hope is that we can take advantage of being able to talk to each
other face-to-face to get close to resolution this week, and then go back to
the more formal list/teleconference-based process to vet the proposals and get
to official/formal agreement.

mikey

On Jun 22, 2010, at 11:59 AM, Drazek, Keith wrote:

> Hi Mikey,
>
> I think Saturday's reports (and your slides) show terrific progress and I
> look forward to continuing our dialogue and debate in Thursday's meeting. I
> think the atom/molecule exercise was very effective in helping to consolidate
> 5+ proposals to 2.
>
> I should have clarified yesterday that while the Option #2 report shows a
> general consensus from our sub-group's 2-hour discussion, it does not
> necessarily represent the official/formal position of the individual group
> members.
>
> We need to discuss both sub-group reports in further detail before we're
> ready for a WG vote where official positions are crystallized and recorded.
>
> Thanks, Keith

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356
web     www.haven2.com