ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] New Proposal

  • To: "'Milton L Mueller'" <mueller@xxxxxxx>, "'Jon Nevett'" <jon@xxxxxxxxxx>, <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] New Proposal
  • From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 09:31:45 -0700

Agree with Milton.

Mike Rodenbaugh
RODENBAUGH LAW
tel/fax:  +1 (415) 738-8087
http://rodenbaugh.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Milton L Mueller
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:40 AM
To: Jon Nevett; Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx

I guess I don't see how this proposal makes any significant concessions or
movements towards those of us more in the Free Trade or CAM camp. I don't
see where it picks up support from new quarters.

You might want to explain the rationale better - what does this do to
address concerns about new entry and innovative business models? SRMU and
Community/Orphan exceptions are meaningless afterthoughts, aren't they?. I
see no political advance here in terms of the amount of support this
proposal is likely to generate. I am quite open to explanations that prove
otherwise, but as far as I can see this is no breakthrough.

-MM