ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Law, Policing and Punishment aka compliance proposal, aka WIP draft collection

  • To: randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "'Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx'" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Law, Policing and Punishment aka compliance proposal, aka WIP draft collection
  • From: Volker Greimann - Key-Systems GmbH <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 18:26:56 +0200

Ron, Avri,

I hope I am not misunderstood. I think compliance is doing an excellent job given their resources and manpower. There may be some minor issues, but overall, it is working remarkably well. Many on the list however doubt their effectivity, citing mishandled or unhandled cases of the past or the increased workload to be expected in the new gTLD environment. The enforcement staff will need beefing up, and this will need to be financed not from the common budget, but from the extra funds to avoid undue financial stress in other areas. The new gTLD project will make enough money for ICANN to allow them to fill up the stocking quickly again after the launch.

I agree that the enforcement issue is not the most important issue we will have to decide, that will be the code of rules and the penalties system. However, it is the issue that will allow many of those still doubting the possibility that enforcement is possible to adjust their view and come into the camp of those willing to work out a system without general condemnation of CO.

Volker

I couldn't agree with you more in support of David Giza and his team. They have amped up the compliance considerably from what it was. We now need to get his department the resources he needs to do the work we all want and need. Kind regards, RA
Ron Andruff
RNA Partners, Inc.
randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.rnapartners.com