ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] the "it excludes some applicants" argument

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] the "it excludes some applicants" argument
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 10:44:47 -0700

The DAG provisions aren't contradictory.

A registrar entity can't apply due to corporate separation requirements that
are the same as almost all the proposals before this WG - including Free Trade.

That same registrar entity can own up to 100% of another entity that is a
registry - under the constraints outlined in my email.

Richard