ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Fwd: RE: VI Compliance Sub-Team

  • To: "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Fwd: RE: VI Compliance Sub-Team
  • From: Jeff Eckhaus <eckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 15:49:57 -0700

Could we discuss this document in the call tomorrow.

Here are the specific items and questions that I hope we could cover:

*         Who are the members of the Compliance sub-team?

*         Was ICANN Compliance consulted on this paper? Were they asked any
questions ?

*         There is a statement that unlike the US Government , ICANN
relationship is based on contract. Could this sentence please be explained?  I
thought the US Government has contracts with VeriSign and Neustar and many
other companies in many other businesses.

*         There is a statement that third party surveillance or competition
would not be timely for purposes of enforcement. Could you please explain how
the team arrived at this conclusion? Or was it just an assumption?

*         There is a statement that a reactive approach to compliance and
enforcement will not sufficiently serve the purposes of a new compliance
regime. Could you please explain how the team arrived at this conclusion? What
was the evidence that led the team to state this? Was this something that ICANN
Compliance, a team with experience in this area helped to conclude?

Look forward to discussing these items tomorrow

Jeff Eckhaus