ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] the "it excludes some applicants" argument

  • To: "icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] the "it excludes some applicants" argument
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 16:56:56 -0400

A PDP can recommend that the Board incorporate changes into future contracts, or can recommend that ICANN attempt to negotiate changes, and this was the limit of what PDP'06 could do. Unless a current contract allows for unilateral changes (as they do for things considered within the picket fence), they cannot be changed other than by standard business practices.

Alan