ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] the "it excludes some applicants" argument

• To: "icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] the "it excludes some applicants" argument
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 16:56:56 -0400

A PDP can recommend that the Board incorporate changes into future contracts, or can recommend that ICANN attempt to negotiate changes, and this was the limit of what PDP'06 could do. Unless a current contract allows for unilateral changes (as they do for things considered within the picket fence), they cannot be changed other than by standard business practices.

Alan

At 07/07/2010 04:12 PM, Mike Rodenbaugh wrote:
Alan, I disagree. PDP '06 was specifically devoted to contractual conditions. The domain tasting PDP changed contractual conditions. The WHOIS PDP will eventually change contractual conditions. My memory may be a little hazy, but I thought this Vertical Integration group is a PDP Working Group, or at least a "pre-PDP" working group. Even those advocates of the status quo have agreed at least that there should be more study in a later/ongoing PDP.

Mike Rodenbaugh
RODENBAUGH LAW
tel/fax:  +1 (415) 738-8087
<http://rodenbaugh.com/>http://rodenbaugh.com

Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 12:56 PM
To: icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; 'Milton L Mueller'; 'Jeff Eckhaus'; Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] the "it excludes some applicants" argument

At 07/07/2010 01:25 PM, Mike Rodenbaugh wrote:
And in any event, any such harms, if serious enough, can be addressed through a later PDP.

Just one comment since similar things have been said by a number of people. We are talking about contractual conditions here. No PDP, regardless of the level of GNSO support or Board support, has the power to alter those.

Alan

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy