ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Revised SRSU draft text

  • To: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>, "mike@xxxxxxxxxx" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Revised SRSU draft text
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 09:03:40 -0400

Thanks Kristina.  Whether something is in a footnote or appendix, I am not so
concerned about that.  Either one is fine.  Yes the IPC distributed its
proposal 2 months ago.  The RySG submitted its proposal in April 2009.  I don't
think that is the issue.  The IPC proposal should stay in tact as is with no
changes.  Not recommending any changes to that at all.  I just want to the
Initial Report to reflect the sense of the full group and I believe a number of
people on the call yesterday expressed (even supporters of SRSU like myself)
that while in concept the SRSU is something we can support, the exact details
must be worked on.

Its actually interesting you point to the IRT Report, because in that case,
when the IRT changed elements that were in the initial report to reflect more
comprehensive discussions for the final report, some in the IP community were
up in arms that we could make such drastic changes (like the elimination of the
GPML).  I am trying to avoid that here, where we just put things in the body of
the initial report making it appear as if there is wide support within the VI
WG, and then having to retract it later on.  If in this case we change the
implementation details from what is in the IPC proposal, I am sure some will be
up in arms about that as well because we did put it in the initial report.

I hope that makes sense and again want to state that I do support the concept
of the SRSU.

Jeffrey J. Neuman

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use
of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this
e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.