ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] RE: SRSU

  • To: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: SRSU
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 12:00:15 -0400

Milton, you point to gaming.  Can you please tell me how a registry could abuse
the SRSU exception simply because they are an entity that provide domain name
registration services.

Again, Neustar is not covered by the restriction as it is not our primary line
of business.  Just looking out for others.

Also, the reason I support JN2 as opposed to RACK is because I do not believe
that one class of participants should be discriminated against.  I would be
hypocritical to support the exclusion of 1 class in an exception.  Also
remember, we "gave" in to accepting the notion of having an SRSU, so lets
nottalk here about "giving a little".  You know Neustar has made a lot of
efforts to give.

Has nothing to do with being a lawyer for Neustar (since we are not exempted).
It is a matter of principal on a personal level.

Jeffrey J. Neuman

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use
of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this
e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.