ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Revised SRSU draft text

  • To: "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Revised SRSU draft text
  • From: Antony Van Couvering <avc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 10:23:20 -0700

SRSU is an exception to most of the plans (though not to Free Trade).  It has
been much discussed, but it is just an exception.  I'm not sure why it has a
privileged position among the other exceptions that were also proposed and
discussed, some more than others.  I don't believe that air time, absent
consensus, should give it a special place.  The IPC proposal, unlike the others
put forward, never attempted to deal with the totality of the VI issue, it was
always a narrowly-tailored exception, explicitly so.  As such, it should take
its place in rank among the other exceptions.