ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Revised SRSU draft text

  • To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>, <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Revised SRSU draft text
  • From: "Kathy Kleiman" <kKleiman@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:19:31 -0400

I have agree strongly with Jeff on this. The SRSU section remains a shock to
me: dramatically different than Compliance and Exceptions, and very much an
education and advocacy piece for one constituency’s views.

As we discussed last week, I think SRMU needs to be removed completely as being
not representative at all of the discussion or direction of the WG (and
misrepresentative of our WG work and conclusions by being included). The rest
needs to be balanced, fair and neutral. If the proposal summaries cannot be
advocacy piece, then how much more so the issues pieces which will be viewed as
coming from the entire WG!

IPC has a strong place to raise of all its issues – it has one of the valued
proposal slots in the Annex. That’s where the attention of the readers, and
comment action, should be. That’s where these types of proposal details are
being fleshed out. There is ample room there, in the IPC Proposal, for many of
the SRSU (and not SRSU) issues now included in this SRSU draft text.

I’ll wait to see Jeff’s rewrite, and respond further. But please count this as
a vote for changing the SRSU as drafted.

Kathy Kleiman

Director of Policy

.ORG The Public Interest Registry

Direct: +1 703 889-5756  Mobile: +1 703 371-6846

Visit us online!

Check out events & blogs at .ORG Buzz! <http://www.pir.org/orgbuzz>

Find us on Facebook | dotorg
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/dotorg/203294399456?v=wall>

See the .ORG Buzz! Photo Gallery on Flickr <http://flickr.com/orgbuzz>

See our video library on YouTube <http://youtube.com/orgbuzz>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:

Proprietary and confidential to .ORG, The Public Interest Registry.  If
received in error, please inform sender and then delete.