ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Re: "Rules" for proposal-summaries and Principles-summaries

  • To: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Re: "Rules" for proposal-summaries and Principles-summaries
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 19:06:48 -0400

Richard,

What the resolution states is not what the working group understood it to state, hence our original (and unanswered) questions to ... a void.

Further, the Board resolution is not couched in language intended to inform, and elicit, informed public comment.

The Board resolution language does not make plain that all 2001 and all 2004 registries have liabilities, either actual ownership interests by registrars, or use a registrar's technical facilities for the registry's service provider.

The uninformed reader of the Board resolution has no way to grasp from that one sentence that no registry contract will be concluded with any existing contracted party.

Since we know this, we should make it known to the reader, else the public comment we get will be unable to interpret those few words as we do, and therefore be unable to correctly associate our work with the Board's resolution.

Thanks for volunteering to do the 200 kind words on the sublime beauty of DAGv4, I suppose I'm a likely candidate for 200 kind words on the 2% less sublime beauty of Nairobi.

Eric