ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Record of SG breakdown.

  • To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Record of SG breakdown.
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 10:27:57 -0400

Under the Reform, the composition of PDP Working Groups is by offer to volunteer, without any condition upon representation as a volunteer of a stakeholder body with representation on the Names Council, or the converse for that matter.

Parties with distinct non-volunteer responsibilities, other than Staff, are the Liaison to the Names Council, and any other Liaisons, and the chair (in this case, the co-chairs). The Chair and Vice-Chair of the Names Council also have distinct non-volunteer responsibilities.

Rather than non-representation of a SG being an exception from expectations, representation of an SG by a volunteer should be an exception.

Eric