ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Executive Summary edit

  • To: "Antony Van Couvering" <avc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Executive Summary edit
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 14:44:35 -0700

Antony,

It suffers from the same problem as SRSU. While there may some general
agreement that something should be done for so-called orphaned TLDs, I
do not believe there has been any general agreement about whether that
is pre or post delegation. In fact the very label of "orphan" may invoke
different ideas of timing in each ones mind.

I know this is one of your pet peeves, but it is for further debate
as/if the WG continues, not for attempting to resolve in this report.

Tim