ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Salop and Wright - Edits to Section 2.2

  • To: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Salop and Wright - Edits to Section 2.2
  • From: Jon Nevett <jon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 10:00:29 -0400

Tim:

Let me explain the change.  I found the words "minimal restrictions" to be
vague and ambiguous.  Who would know what is meant by "minimal restrictions" --
let alone whether one would agree or not that the 100K cap idea was minimal.  I
just added the fact of what is in DAGv2.  If I didn't describe it well enough,
we could edit the description or even drop a footnote with the actual text if
folks prefer.

Thanks.

Jon

Old
"In response, Staff published a proposed model in the Draft Applicant
Guidebook- Version 2 that included minimal restrictions on vertical integration
in the form new gTLD registry agreement.

New
"In response, Staff published a proposed model in the Draft Applicant
Guidebook- Version 2 that included a new gTLD registry agreement with a 100,000
name restriction on any cross-owned entity."