ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] New Revised SRSU Text

  • To: "Ron Andruff" <randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] New Revised SRSU Text
  • From: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 13:43:36 -0400

[KR:  I completely disagree.  The detail is important b/c it not only
highlights the variances but also identifies the supporters, which is
important contextual information.  I think this is especially important
for the .ngo exception type, which was not the subject of a formal
proposal, but has been mentioned repeatedly in the WG. See also Avri's
recent message about the interest in it.] It is not right to identify
supporters of elements of a half-baked cake.  That disenfranchises
others of us who are not so far down that path and wholly biases the
report.  To note that 'some' feel this way or that, I can live with.
Naming constituencies or proposers is unfair and does not present this
interim report in the proper light.  [KR:  You're disenfranchised
because you're not identified as supporting or proposing an SRSU
exception?  Really?  How?]

Moreover, SRMU has not had nearly enough discussion to warrant inclusion
in this report.

[KR. Footnotes 1 and 2 say that SRMU was not the subject of much
discussion. What more do you want?]  To remove all reference.  If SRMU
was not the subject of much discussion why include it?  Put another way,
there were lots of things that were not the subject of much discussion
that are not included in the IR.

[KR:  If Avri, Milton, Jeff and Richard are fine with removing reference
to SRMU, explicitly or implicitly, I'll go along with that.]

That is all this section needs to say.

[KR.  Given that we have a 120+ page report, I disagree. Without a
summary here, there's no sign post for people interested in commenting
on an SRSU exception - for or against - to know where to look in the
rest of the report.] The IR is intended to give Readers a sense of where
we are at.  A short summary does that.  SRSU is discussed in the BRU 1
and other sections of the report, so this summary need only reference it
in limited terms.

[KR:  You've made my point.  Unless there is more detail here (and,
really, a sentence is too much?), readers won't know to where to look in
the rest of the report for references to/discussions of SRSU.]