ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] New Revised SRSU Text

  • To: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] New Revised SRSU Text
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 14:49:37 -0400

On the .ngo issue.

I would like to shed some light on the .ngo discussion by observing that I am in possession of an RFI by an NGO (who's name is not trademarked) which, upon several readings, appears to solicit responses from potential providers of what I view as a restricted, single-registrant, single-user TLD, consistent with, except for the use of a brand as the criteria for existence (and presumably, for any such application prevailing in any string contention set), the .bRO-SRSU model offered by Kristina.

It is the case that there is at least one NGO which is informed, and consents in principle, to policy development favoring the type of application it seeks to submit to ICANN.

The information came to me directly from the NGO in question, and was not solicited.

I don't think this means the .xRO-WXYZ drill is anywhere close to having final values for {x, W, X, Y, and Z} or the associated meanings, but it is no longer a proof by assertion that there exists a party qualified for, and seeking, a ".ngo".

Eric