ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] New Revised SRSU Text - critics corner

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] New Revised SRSU Text - critics corner
  • From: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 14:52:45 -0400

I'm fine with it, too, with one suggestion, namely, adding ",in its current
form," or similar modifier after the second use of "SRSU exception" in the
first sentence:  "Critics of the concept of an SRSU exception note that the
SRSU exception, in its current form, has no consistency of interpretation. . .
."

I do think that it would be possible to develop an SRSU that would have
consistency of interpretation, but agree that we're not there yet. The first
sentence, as written, states that there could never be consistency of
interpretation and that does not seem true.