ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] SRSU text for Annex A - revised by KR and KK

  • To: gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] SRSU text for Annex A - revised by KR and KK
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 18:35:42 -0400

Hi Kristina,

I had to leave the call before we got to this point, otherwise, I might have
asked to be on your team.

I would like to propose an edit on the sentence that refers to what the NCSG
was asking for.  this is especially because we have not yet defined exactly
what SRSU is as opposed to SRMU, and I am not sure that what the NCSG members
are looking for (SR for employees and members) is what is being called SRSU.

> Several  WG participants who are members of the Non-Commercial Stakeholders
> Group proposed an SRSU exception for non-governmental organization registries
> (NGOs) (referred to as .ngo registry) in cases where a specific membership
> organization could be identified and the string corresponded to the NGO’s
> name, and also proposed an SRSU exception for cultural, linguistic or non
> profit organizations.

changed to

Several  WG participants who are members of the Non-Commercial Stakeholders
Group proposed an SRSU exception for non-governmental organization registries
(NGOs) (referred to as .ngo registry) in cases where a specific membership
organization could be identified and the string corresponded to the NGO’s name,
and also proposed a Single Registrant (SR) exception for cultural, linguistic
or non profit organizations.

I replaced SRSU with Single Registrant (SR)

thanks

a.