ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Fwd: ICANN News Alert -- Public Comment: Initial Report on Vertical Integration Between Registrars and Registries

  • To: "'Gomes, Chuck'" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Stéphane Van Gelder'" <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Mike O'Connor'" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Fwd: ICANN News Alert -- Public Comment: Initial Report on Vertical Integration Between Registrars and Registries
  • From: "Vanda UOL" <vanda@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 11:15:16 -0300

Perfect Chuck.

Vanda

From: owner-gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Gomes, Chuck
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2010 11:17 AM
To: Stéphane Van Gelder; Mike O'Connor
Cc: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Fwd: ICANN News Alert -- Public Comment: Initial
Report on Vertical Integration Between Registrars and Registries

Stéphane,

A Final Report would be great but it can’t be done if the group hasn’t reached
consensus on recommendations.  By its very nature, the Final Report assumes
that the WG is finished, i.e., they have done as much as they can do and they
have either decided to make some recommendations or they have decided that it
is not possible to reach consensus on any recommendations.  That does not seem
to be the case here so my understanding is that the WG will continue its work.
In the meantime, the Board needs input for its retreat, so my suggestion is to
send them a Revised Initial Report that includes any changes to the Initial
Report based on public comments and continuing work of the WG during the
comment period.

Chuck