ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Group on documenting "harms"

  • To: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx'" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Group on documenting "harms"
  • From: Jeff Eckhaus <eckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 14:07:08 -0700

Eric -  Could you please point out where Staff have represented that the tools
of separation or of contract credibly address "harms" or have they even stated
what those harms would be. I have never seen this and would like to see where
Staff has mentioned it.

The only mention that I have heard from ICANN on why they put separation in to
place was from the Nairobi resolution where they were worried about letting the
genie out of the bottle, which to me is not a listing of actual issues, but the
use of a pretty lame idiom