ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Group on documenting "harms"

  • To: Antony Van Couvering <avc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Group on documenting "harms"
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 20:05:40 -0400

No disagreement, however some harms can't have happened due to the absence of predicate conditions, and things which could, in theory (by a very elastic definition of "theory") happen, such as a new registry displacing .com in the first small-integer number of years, are less likely than a registry-registrar combine extracting more value out of the first several tens of thousands of domains than out of all subsequent names combined.

Weighting is useful.

Eric