ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Group on documenting "harms" - UPDATE!!!

  • To: "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Group on documenting "harms" - UPDATE!!!
  • From: Jeff Eckhaus <eckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 09:17:28 -0700

Looks like the harms group that I suggested has generated a little bit of
traffic and interest in the last 24 hours. Either people really want to work on
this topic or they have really missed the email banter after a few days of
quiet.

Based on the interest on the list and the emails I have received off-list I
would think that this should be kept on the main list, but I do have a question
for this group. Does the WG think we can work on a document that explores the
harms and probability, possibility, likelihood, chance........ if it goes
through the whole list for each iteration, or is it better for a sub-group to
work on it and then put it to the WG for everyone to attack it and take it
apart as is the custom?

My vote is for a sub-group to work on it first because I am afraid that each
email that goes out discussing a topic will be subject to 50+ editors and
snipers, advocates, detractors....... and we will end up nowhere. I assume that
the co-chairs are the ones to make the final decision, but as the proposer of
this idea, my vote is for the sub-group and then bring it to the main WG for
review after each iteration of the document, not waiting for a final edition to
send for review. FYI - I believe there about 10-12 people who asked to be on
this sub-group so far, so it will be well represented.

Can the group please respond to thoughts on my proposed path forward as we have
limited time left and a lot of work to do. Once we have some sort of idea on
how to proceed Mikey and Roberto I believe can make the official call.

Thanks,

Jeff Eckhaus

Please NOTE: This electronic message, including any attachments, may include
privileged, confidential and/or inside information owned by Demand Media, Inc.
Any distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than the intended
recipient(s) is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and
then delete it from your system. Thank you.