ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Harms Project Draft - Registrant Harms

  • To: Volker Greimann <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Harms Project Draft - Registrant Harms
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 14:37:44 -0400

In fact, I would guess that in the general case, the less we do to mitigate or prevent a specific harm, the higher the probability that it will occur.

Thefts don't occur more often because it is to some extent socially unacceptable, we close and lock doors, and (occasionally) punish people for theft. In the absence of any of these, it might be a completely different story.

Alan