ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: Astoundingly off-topic [gnso-vi-feb10] Revised motion for the Council

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Mike O'Connor'" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Astoundingly off-topic [gnso-vi-feb10] Revised motion for the Council
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 14:30:51 -0400

Roberto,

This can put an end to the discussion of this motion, but it will not put an
end to the discussion of the PDP process and how a number of things this
working group has been forced to do from the beginning have been on ad hoc
basis to appease the Board's unrealistic timelines and demands.  A number of
the demands by the Board (or by those wanting to appease the Board)  have not
respected the PDP process and we are all jumping through hoops throwing out a
number of the principals that the group you chaired espoused in its final
report on how the PDP process should operate.

So, yes I will agree on this group not to bring up these issues again, but this
group's activities has presented an interesting case study for the PDP-WT to
examine.

So as the chair of that group, I thank everyone for giving us good material to
discuss.

Best regards,

Jeffrey J. Neuman

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use
of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this
e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.