ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Worried

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Worried
  • From: Antony Van Couvering <avc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 11:24:51 -0700

Roberto,

I agree with Avri, and the MAPO issue is taking time too.

The list of harms is a laundry list, and earlier attempts to set up a framework
for assigning probability and risk to the possible harms was not welcomed by
some in the group.  So we are left with a list of terrible things that could
maybe happen, and generally there is no disagreement that they would be
terrible things, if they happened.

Are they likely to happen?  Will it matter if they do happen?  Who knows --
prioritization and probability analysis seem to be off-limits.

Antony