ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Board resolution on Vertical Integration

  • To: vertical integration wg <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Board resolution on Vertical Integration
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 20:10:22 -0500

close of business Wednesday...  a bit of a challenge.  :-)

Avri, i'm game to try your idea.

what say the rest of you?  it looks like our choice is between working very
hard to see if we can find a consensus position over the next 72 hours, or
leave the decision with the Board.  my schedule is quite open over the next few
days, so i'm willing to put a LOT of drafting/support/helping-out time into
this if the rest of you think it's worth the effort.

here's what comes to mind when i think about what we've got to work with:

-- the principles (some gTLDs may be unnecessarily impacted, need for an
exceptions process, SRSU needs to be explored, need for enhanced compliance) --
could we hammer on the drafts in Annex A to arrive at consensus versions?

-- the proposals -- we're about evenly divided in thirds between JN2, Free
Trade and RACK+, is there a way to consolidate them into something that can be
described as rough consensus?

-- the process -- maybe we can borrow some process ideas from the MaPO group to
move ourselves quickly forward?

clearly this will be a topic for the call tomorrow, but i'd love to hear your
thoughts on the list before then.

mikey

On Sep 26, 2010, at 6:33 PM, Avri Doria wrote:

> hi,
>
> Which I would like to point out is 3 days hence.
>
> How about 3 hours of meeting each of the next 3 days to see if we can hammer
> out a consensus on something?
> Following the MaPO CWG example, it might be possible, as long as we all have
> the same spirit the members of that group had.
>
> a.
>
> On 26 Sep 2010, at 19:27, Gomes, Chuck wrote:
>

>> Realizing that the Council meeting is on 7 October and that the GNSO
>> Operating Procedures require 8-days advance notice for agenda items, I would
>> like to request that the VI PDP WG send to the Council a notice of one of
>> the two options not later than 29 September.
>>
>> Chuck

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356
web     http://www.haven2.com