ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Board resolution on Vertical Integration

  • To: "'Richard Tindal'" <richardtindal@xxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Board resolution on Vertical Integration
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 15:04:55 -0400

If [GAC] had meant full integration
except with market power, in any situation,  it would have been an easy thing
for them to say.

That is what they did say, on my reading. That is why they referenced Salop and
Wright and national competition authorities.

Anyway, we now need to stop playing this game of putting words in the GAC's
mouth, and as one who seems to have contributed to starting it (although with
greater sincerity and accuracy than some others, I suspect) that applies to me
as well.