ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Closure?

  • To: "'Eric Brunner-Williams'" <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Closure?
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 18:47:06 +0200

Eric Brunner-Williams wrote:

> >     * There is no consensus, either on vertical integration or
> >       vertical separation;
>

> I have the impression I write in invisible ink. We have
> consensus that
> any proposal to allow the IPC alone to run SRSU is junk. We have
> consensus that any proposal to let some, but not all contracted
> parties, to run to the bank is junk. That's actually more than I ever
> expected, and a starting point to discover if there are
> conditions for
> which all contracted parties could pursue registry contracts.

I can guarantee that I do not write in invisible ink, so please do not
assume I have written words that I did not. ;>)
If we run a poll today, asking whether we agree on vertical integration or
vertical separation, do we have a clear consensus or not?
I believe we don't. But if somebody thinks we do, please let Mikey know, he
will please himself in launching a poll right away... ;>)

R.