ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] More on closure

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] More on closure
  • From: Antony Van Couvering <avc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 12:22:50 -0700

Roberto,

it comes down to the fact that we sent something to the Board and it's fairly
meaningless to continue until and unless we have some actionable feedback from
them.  The arguments have been rehearsed to death.  Talking among ourselves is
unlikely to produce new directions or agreements. We need some decisions.
Someone has to provide parameters and direction.

There are plenty of us with an interest in the area who aren't participating
because it's fairly clear that not much progress will be made until we get
something back from the Powers That Be.   Once that happens we'll be back.   I
speak for myself, but I'd be surprised if I'm not describing how others feel as
well.

Antony